Florida’s Statewide Course Numbering System helps ensure the ease of transferring credits between participating accredited educational institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Undergraduate Transfer of Credit Policy
For students enrolling at Keiser University, credit for courses or degrees completed at another institution is subject to approval by the Dean of Academic Affairs. These courses or degrees must be similar in content and duration to those offered in the program for which an applicant has applied. Students are responsible for having official transcripts sent to Keiser University from their former institution.
Conversion of Clock Hours for Transfer Credit
- 15 lecture clock hours = 1 semester credit hour.
- 30 laboratory clock hours = 1 semester credit hour.
- 45 externship clock hours = 1 semester credit hour.
Transfer from Regionally Accredited Institutions
Keiser University accepts transfer credits applicable to an applicant’s program of study from regionally accredited institutions. Transfer credit is granted only for courses in which a letter grade of “C” or higher was earned ( 2.0 on a 4.0 scale ). Before granting a transfer of credit for any course, the University reserves the right to test applicants or request that they successfully pass an examination administered by a Keiser University faculty member.
Transfer from Non-Regionally Accredited Institutions
Credit for courses from non-regionally accredited institutions that are substantially equivalent in content to Keiser University courses and apply to an applicant’s program of study may be granted on a course-by-course basis. Transfer credits are granted only for courses in which a grade of “C” or higher was earned ( 2.0 on a 4.0 scale ). Apart from that the applicant should pass the examination administered by a Keiser University faculty member.
Transfer from International Institutions
Keiser University takes a holistic approach to admission, considering each application as it is submitted throughout the academic year. Applications for full-time undergraduate students are accepted on a rolling basis and decisions are made when applications are complete.
Transfer of Credit Procedures
The Dean of Academic Affairs evaluates transcripts and determines potential transfer credits granted to students. The following guidelines are used in evaluating transcripts received from other accredited institutions.
- Official transcripts must be received directly from the former institution within a student’s first semester or no transfer credits are officially granted.
- Course descriptions from a former institution’s catalog are analyzed and credit is accepted for those completed courses that parallel the course content and duration of Keiser University courses. Courses in a student’s major must meet the same general course objectives as Keiser University courses.
- Approved articulation agreements with other colleges are recognized for transfer of credit.