Gururaja Poojary Net Worth, Age, Family, Girlfriend, Biography, and More
Gururaja Poojary is an Indian Weightlifter, he was born on 15 August 1992 in Vandse, Karnataka, India. Gururaja is known for winning the “Gold Medal” in the 2016 ‘Commonwealth Championships’ at Penang in the 56 kg category.
He won the ‘Silver Medal’ at the ‘Commonwealth Games’ (2018). He won the ‘Bronze Medal’ at the ‘Commonwealth Games’ (2022).
Gururaja Poojary Wiki, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Weightlifter, Family, Girlfriend, Wife, Income, Kids, Father, Biography, and More.
|Gururaja Bio in short|
|Real Name||Gururaja Poojary|
|Date of Birth||15 August 1992|
|Age (as in 2022)||30|
|Birth Place||Vandse, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Vandse, Karnataka, India|
|Height||Feet: 5 feet 01 inches
Centimeters: 154 CM
Meters: 1.54 M
|Weight||Approx 56 kg
|Net worth (as in 2022)||$ 02 Million|
|Achievement||1) Winner of “Gold Medal” in the 2016 ‘Commonwealth Championships’ at Penang in the 56 kg category
2) Winner of a “Bronze Medal” in 2017 at the ‘Commonwealth Championships’ Gold Coast in the 56 kg category
3) Winner of “Silver Medal” in the 2018 ‘Commonwealth Games’ at Gold Coast in the 56 kg category
4) Winner of “Silver Medal” in the 2021 ‘Commonwealth Championships’ at Tashkent in the 61 kg category
5) Winner of “Bronze Medal” in the 2022 ‘Commonwealth Games’ at Birmingham in the 61 kg category
|Zodiac sign / Star sign||Leo|
Gururaja Poojary Net Worth
According to Sabhkuchinfo.com, as of 2022, Gururaja Poojary Net Worth is $ 02 Million.
|Gururaja Poojary||Net Worth|
|Net Worth in 2022||$ 02 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$ 02 Million|
|In 2020 Net Worth||$ 01 Million|
|In 2019 Net Worth||$ 01 Million|
|Salary Monthly||$ 2000|
|Income Source||Weightlifter, Brands|
|Income Verified Status||Not Verified.|
Gururaja Family and Affairs/ Gf
|Current relation status||Under review|
|Father name||Mahabala Poojari|
|Mother name||Paddu Poojari|
|Sister name||Under review|
|Brother name||Rajesh Poojary, Manohar Poojary, Mohan Poojary, Ravirajand Poojary, Uday Poojary|
|Girlfriend name||Under review|
|Wife name||Under review|
|Daughter name||Under review|
|Son name||Under review|
- Gururaja Poojary came into controversy when he won the “Bronze Medal” at the ‘Commonwealth Games’.
- He has helped many underprivileged childrens.
Gururaja Poojary Awards and Achievement
- He won the “Gold Medal” in the 2016 ‘Commonwealth Championships’ at Penang in the 56 kg category.
- He won the “Bronze Medal” in 2017 at the ‘Commonwealth Championships’ Gold Coast in the 56 kg category.
- Poojary won the “Silver Medal” in the 2018 ‘Commonwealth Games’ at Gold Coast in the 56 kg category.
- He won the “Silver Medal” in the 2021 ‘Commonwealth Championships’ at Tashkent in the 61 kg category.
- Gururaja won the “Bronze Medal” in the 2022 ‘Commonwealth Games’ at Birmingham in the 61 kg category.
Gururaja Poojary Biography / Interesting Fact
- Gururaja Poojary is an Indian Weightlifter.
- He was born in Vandse, Karnataka, India.
- He belongs to a middle-class family.
- His father ‘Mahabala Poojari’ is a truck driver and his mother ‘Paddu Poojari’ is a housewife.
- From his childhood, he was interested in sports.
- Poojary completed his schooling at The Government higher primary school at Vandse in Kundapur Taluk.
- During his school days, his body was slim and short.
- His physical education teacher, ‘Sukesh Shetty’ encouraged him for wrestling.
- He used to practice wrestling on mud or clay which was mainly known by the name ‘gatta gusti’.
- The ‘gatta gusti’ is the culture in the South Canara and Kollur districts of Karnataka and Northern Malabar in Kerala.
- Gururaja was inspired by the Indian wrestler “Sushil Kumar”.
- Later he joined Sri Dharmastala Manjunatheshwara (SDM) College, Ujire, to pursue a graduate degree.
- During his college days, Gururaja started gymming where he met some well-known weightlifters.
- He began practicing weightlifting in 2010 under the guidance of ‘Rajendra Prasad’.
- Poojary represented his college in the weightlifting championship.
- He said, “I started hitting the gym and there I met a couple of powerlifters. I soon began to hang out with them and started power-lifting myself”.
- He began as a wrestler before switching to powerlifting and then weightlifting, it has been a steady rather than a spectacular climb.
- In 2015, he started working as an Aircraft-man in the Indian Air Force.
- Gururaja wanted to join the Indian Army, but due to height issues, he had to settle with the Indian Air Force.
- He participated in the ‘Weightlifting National Championship’ at Jalandhar (2015) and won a “Silver Medal” in the All India University title.
- In the same year, he won a “Silver Medal” in the 56 kg Weight Category in Senior Level Weightlifting Championship held at Jaipur (Rajasthan).
- He then competed in the Senior Level Weightlifting Championship organized at Patiala (Punjab) and won a “Bronze Medal” in the 56 kg Weight Category.
- His coach ‘Rajendra Prasad’ stated that Gururaja Poojary broke his own record, which was set by him in 1999 by lifting 193 kg (total in snatch and knee jerk) in 2012.
- Rajendra Prasad also added that in 2015, Poojary improved to 125 kgs.
- In 2016, he participated in the Senior National Championship and won the “Gold Medal” in Tamil Naidu.
- Poojary bagged a “Gold Medal” in the Commonwealth Senior Weightlifting Championship by lifting a personal best of 249 kg (108+141) in Penang, Malaysia (2016).
- He won the “Gold Medal” in the men’s 56 kg category weight class at the 2016 South Asian Games organized in Guwahati.
- In a media conversation, Poojary stated that winning the medal would improve his family’s living standards. He said, “When I started weightlifting in 2010, things were hard at home. I needed money for my diet and supplements, but my father couldn’t support me. We were a family of eight. Things are better now”.
- Gururaja participated in the Commonwealth Championship and won the “Bronze Medal” held in Australia (2017).
- After winning a medal in the Commonwealth games, he was honored with the “Ekalavya”, the highest sports award, which was felicitated to him by the Government of Karnataka.
- He won a “Silver Medal” in the men’s 56 kg weight class at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia.
- Gururaja Poojary won the “Bronze Medal” in the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- In an interview, his mother said that her family got financially stabilized only due to the hard work of her sons. She said, “Poverty is something we have lived in all our lives, if we were a little bit well-off financially or received the necessary support and encouragement, maybe all of my sons could have made our country proud”.
Favorites Actor, Actress, Food, Colour, Destination
- Under review
- Under review
- Home Food
- Under review
Who is Gururaja Poojary?
Gururaja Poojary is an Indian Weightlifter, from Vandse, Karnataka, India. Gururaja is known for winning the “Gold Medal” in the 2016 ‘Commonwealth Championships’ at Penang in the 56 kg category.
What is Gururaja Poojary’s Father’s name?
Gururaja Poojary’s Father’s name is Mahabala Poojari.