Bappi Lahiri was a Popular Singer, Composer, Politician, and Record Producer, he was born on 27 November 1952 in Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India. Bappi is known for singing the song ‘Yaad Aa Raha Hai Tera Pyar’.
He has sung songs like ‘Bambai Se Aaya Mera Dost’, ‘Yaar Bina Chain Kaha Re’, ‘Tamma Tamma Loge’, and ‘Jimmy Jimmy Aaja’. He holds the “Guinness World Record” working for 33 films in a year.
Bappi Lahiri Wiki, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Movies, Family, Girlfriend, Wife, Income, Kids, Father, Biography, and More.
|BappiBio in short|
|Real Name||Alokesh Bappi Lahiri|
|Nick Name||Bappi Da|
|Date of Birth||27 November 1952|
|Age (as in 2022)||69|
|Work||Singer, Composer, Politician, Record Producer|
|Birth Place||Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||Feet: 5 feet 05 inches
Centimeters: 165 CM
Meters: 1.65 M
|Weight||Approx 85 kg
|Net worth (as in 2022)||$ 05 Million|
|Achievement||1) ‘Filmfare Award’ in the category of Best Music Director for the film ‘Sharaabi’ (1985)
2) ‘Mirchi Music Award’ in the category of Best Item Song of the Year ‘Ooh La La’ (2012)
3) ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ (2018)
|Zodiac sign / Star sign||Sagittarius|
Bappi Lahiri Net Worth
Bappi Family and Affairs/ Gf
|Father name||Aparesh Lahiri|
|Mother name||Bansari Lahiri|
|Sister name||Under review|
|Brother name||Under review|
|Girlfriend name||Under review|
|Wife name||Chitrani Lahiri|
|Daughter name||Rema Lahiri|
|Son name||Bappa Lahiri|
Bappi was born in Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India. His mother’s name is Bansari Lahiri and his father’s name is Aparesh Lahiri, brother and sister’s name is Under review.
Bappi Lahiri’s Wife’s name is Chitrani Lahiri. His son’s name is Bappa Lahiri and his daughter’s name is Rema Lahiri.
- Bappi came into the limelight when he sang the song ‘Yaar Bina Chain Kaha Re’ from the movie ‘Saaheb’.
Bappi Lahiri Awards and Achievement
- He was awarded the ‘Filmfare Award’ in the category of Best Music Director for the film ‘Sharaabi’ (1985).
- He received the ‘Mirchi Music Award’ in the category of Best Item Song of the Year ‘Ooh La La’ (2012).
- In 2018, he was honored with ‘The lifetime Achievement Award’.
Bappi Lahiri Biography / Interesting Fact
- Bappi Lahiri was a Popular Singer, Composer, Politician, and Record Producer, Bappi is known for singing the song ‘Yaad Aa Raha Hai Tera Pyar’.
- He was born in Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India.
- He belongs to the Bengali Brahmin family.
- From his childhood, he was interested in singing.
- He relocated to Mumbai at the age of 19.
- His father ‘Aparesh Lahiri’ is a singer.
- At the age of 3, Lahiri began to play tabla.
- He started his career as a singer.
- In 1974, he got the opportunity to work in the West Bengal film ‘Daadu’.
- Bappi Da has worked with the legendary singer ‘Lata Mangeshkar’.
- His debut Bollywood movie in which he composed music was ‘Nanha Shikari’.
- The turning point of his career was Tahir Husain’s Hindi film ‘Zakhmee’ (1975).
- He composed a duet with legendary singers like ‘Mohammed Rafi’ and ‘Kishore Kumar’ for the song “Nothing Is Impossible”.
- He is known for his popular disco-electronic music.
- Lahiri did a fusion of Indian music with international sounds.
- He composed soundtracks for the films like ‘Naya Kadam’, ‘Aangan Ki Kali’, ‘Wardat’, ‘Disco Dancer’, ‘Hathkadi’, ‘Namak Halaal’, and ‘Masterji’.
- He has worked for the films like ‘Himmatwala’, ‘Justice Chaudhury’, ‘Tohfa, Maqsad’, ‘Commando’, ‘Gang Leader’, ‘Sailaab’, and ‘Sharaabi’.
- Bappi Da composed music for famous ghazals like ‘Kisi Nazar Ko Tera Intezaar Aaj Bhi Hai’ and ‘Aawaz Di Hai’.
- He composed melodious songs sung by ‘Kishore Kumar’.
- He gave his voice to the character ‘Tamatoa’ in Disney’s 3D computer-animated fantasy adventure film ‘Moana’.
- Lahiri sang and composed the song ‘Shona’ the Hindi version of “Shiny”.
- American rapper R&B singer ‘Truth Hurts’ included some portions of the song “Thoda Resham Lagta Hai” in his song ‘Addictive’.
- On 31 January 2014, he joined the ‘Bharatiya Janata Party’ in the presence of “Rajnath Singh”.
- He contested against ‘Kalyan Banerjee’ of All India Trinamool Congress in the ‘Lok Sabha election’ from Srerampur Lok Sabha constituency (2014).
- But unfortunately, he lost the election.
- He played musical instruments like Tabla, Piano, Drum, Guitar, Saxophone, Bongos, and Dholak.
- He has worked for the record labels like Saregama, Venus Records & Tapes, T-Series, Tips Industries, and Universal Music Group.
- Bappi Da composed songs in different languages like Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, and Oriya.
- He has composed more than 5000 songs.
Bappi Lahiri Music List
- Chalte Chalte
- Koi Yahan Naache Naache
- Jimmy Jimmy
- Yaar Bina Chain Kaha Re
- Kaliyon Ka Chaman
- Zoobi Zoobi
- De De Pyar De
- Yaad Aa Raha Hai
- Tune Maari Entriyaan
- Pyar Kabhi Kam Nahi Karna
- Ooh La La Tu Hai Meri Fantasy
- Gori Hai Kalaiyan
- Tamma Tamma Again
- Jab Se Mile Naina
- Banna Banni
- Mausam Hain Gaane Ka
- Dil Tha Akela Akela
- Gunmaster G9
- Dekha Hai Maine Tujhko Phir
- Sara Jahan Chhod Ke Tujhe
- Tu Mujhe Jaan Se Bhi Pyara Hai
- Din Ho Ya Raat Tu Pyar Kiye
- Na Main Hun Tera Na Tu Hain
- Zaalim Duniya Hum Pe
Bappi Lahiri Movie List
- Under review
Bappi Lahiri Web Series List
- Under review
Bappi is a socially active person, loves to share his pictures and stories on Instagram.
Who is Bappi Lahiri?
Bappi Lahiri was a Popular Singer, Composer, Politician, and Record Producer, from Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India. Bappi is known for singing the songs like ‘Koi Yahan Naache Naache’, ‘Yaar Bina Chain Kaha Re’, ‘Zoobi Zoobi’, and ‘Yaad Aa Raha Hai’.
What is Bappi Lahiri’s Wife’s name?
Bappi Lahiri’s Wife’s name is Chitrani Lahiri.