Rod Laver is a Popular Tennis Player, he was born on 9 August 1938 in Rockhampton, Australia. Rod is known as the greatest ‘Tennis Player’ of all time.
He was coached by ‘Charlie Hollis’ and ‘Harry Hopman’. He participated in popular tournaments like the ‘Australian Championships’, ‘Italian Championships’, ‘German Championships’ and ‘WCT Tournament Series’. Rod is among the top players to won Major titles on ‘Clay’, ‘Grass’ and ‘Hardcourts’. He has won five times ‘U.S. Pro Tennis Championships’ and four times ‘Wembley Pro Championship’. Rod was ranked number one player in 1968 and 1969. He has won 74 singles titles and 37 doubles titles.
A footbridge in Brisbane to the Queensland Tennis Centre was named after him it also connects the Yeerongpilly railway station. In 2000, for his outstanding contributions to tennis, Centre Court at the National Tennis Centre in Melbourne was renamed “Rod Laver Arena”. He was named in ‘Q150 Icons’ of ‘Queensland’. He was inducted into the “Southern California Tennis Hall of Fame” (2017). Laver Rod was honored with the prestigious ‘Jean Borotra Sportsmanship Award’ (2016).
Rod Laver Wiki, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Tennis, Family, Girlfriend, Wife, Income, Kids, Father, Biography, and More.
|Rod Laver Bio in short|
|Real Name||Rodney George Laver|
|Date of Birth||9 August 1938|
|Age (as in 2021)||83|
|Famous as||Tennis Player|
|Birth Place||Rockhampton, Australia|
|Height||Feet: 5 feet 10 inches
Centimeters: 177 CM.
Meters: 1.77 M.
|Weight||Approx 68 kg
|Net Worth (as in 2021)||$ 20 Million|
|Zodiac sign / Star sign||Leo|
Rod Laver Net Worth
As of 2021, Rod Laver Net Worth is $ 20 Million.
|Rod Laver||Net Worth|
|Net Worth in 2021||$ 20 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$ 20 Million|
|In 2019 Net Worth||$ 20 Million|
|In 2018 Net Worth||$ 20 Million|
|Salary Monthly||$ 25,000|
|Income Source||Rod Laver Primary Net Worth income comes from Tennis and Secondary income comes from Brands and Others.|
|Income Verified Status||Not Verified.|
Rod Car Collection
Rod Bike Collection
- Under review
Rod Laver Education
Rod Laver Family and Affairs/ Gf
|Current relation status||Under review|
|Father name||Roy Laver|
|Mother name||Melba Roffey|
|Sister name||Lois Laver|
|Brother name||Trevor Laver, Bob Laver|
|Girlfriend name||Under review|
|Wife name||Mary Bensen|
|Daughter name||Under review|
|Son name||Rick Laver|
Rod was born in Rockhampton, Australia. His mother’s name is Melba Roffey and his father’s name is Roy Laver, he has two brothers Trevor Laver and Bob Laver, sister’s name is Under review.
Rod Laver’s wife’s name is Mary Bensen. Mary and Rod married in 1966. Rod Laver’s Son’s name is Rick Laver.
- Rod came into controversy when he got married to Mary Bensen.
Awards and Achievement
- Rod has won Eight Pro Slam Titles.
- He was the winner of the ‘Australian Championships’ (1960).
- He has won the ‘Italian Championships’ and ‘German Championships’ (1962).
- Rod was the winner of the ‘Davis Cup’ (1962).
- He was awarded the ‘ABC Sportsman of the Year Award’ (1969).
- He was honored with the ‘International Tennis Hall of Fame Award’ (1981).
- In 1985, Rod was inducted into the “Sport Australia Hall of Fame”.
- He was awarded the ‘Philippe Chatrier Award’ (1998).
- In 2009, he was honored with ‘Queensland Sport Hall of Fame Award’.
- He was awarded the prestigious ‘Jean Borotra Sportsmanship Award’ (2016).
Rod Laver Biography/Interesting Fact
- Rod Laver is a Popular Tennis Player, known as the greatest ‘Tennis Player’ of all time.
- He was born in Rockhampton, Australia.
- Rod is 83 years old and his height is 5 ft 10.
- From a young age, Rod was interested in sports.
- He was trained by the popular coach ‘Charlie Hollis’.
- Later he got the opportunity to train under Australian Davis Cup team captain “Harry Hopman”.
- In 1957, he participated in ‘Australian’ and ‘US Junior championships’.
- He was the winner of both titles.
- In 1959, he reached three finals at ‘Wimbledon’.
- He has won the mixed doubles title with “Darlene Hard”.
- Unfortunately, he lost the singles final against ‘Alex Olmedo’.
- Rod has won the Australian Championships.
- In the final match, he defeated ‘Neale Fraser’.
- Rod became the first male player to win all four Grand Slam singles titles (1962).
- He participated in “U.S. Pro Tennis Championships”.
- He has won four times “U.S. Pro Tennis Championships” in a row.
- In 1963, he finished second, with a 25–16 record in the first phase of the World Series tour.
- He has won 17 of 24 matches against ‘Rosewall’ in 1964.
- In 1965, he became the No. 1 professional player by winning 17 titles.
- He is the first ‘Wimbledon’s Open Era champion’ (1968).
- He defeated ‘Tony Roche’ in the finals.
- Rod participated in the ‘National Tennis League’ and ‘World Championships Tennis’.
- He was interviewed at the ‘US Open Tennis Championship’.
- Rod was ranked number one after winning the ‘US Professional Championships’ on grass and the ‘French Pro Championship’ on clay.
- He has won the biggest open event ‘Pacific Southwest’ in Los Angeles.
- For the second time, he won all four Grand Slam tournaments in 1969.
- In 1971, he participated in the Italian Open in Rome on clay.
- He is the first tennis player in history to surpass US $ 1 million in career prize money.
- Rod was top on the table of the WCT tournament series.
- But unfortunately lost in the playoff finals against ‘Ken Rosewall’.
- This match is known as the best match in the history of the WCT tournament series.
- He created a world record in WCT tournaments by winning four titles and 23 consecutive matches.
- He retired in 1979.
Favorites Actor, Actress, Food, Colour, Destination
- Under review
- Under review
- Home Food
- Under review
Who is Rod Laver?
Rod Laver is a Popular Tennis Player, from Rockhampton, Australia. Rod is known for winning ‘Eight Pro Slam Titles’.
What is Rod Laver’s wife’s name?
Rod Laver’s wife’s name is Mary Bensen.