Mahendra Singh Dhoni Net Worth, Age, Family, Biography & More
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a Cricketer, he was born on 7 July 1981 in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. Dhoni is known as the ‘Best Captain In The History Of Cricket’.
He started his first-class career by representing ‘Bihar’ against the ‘Assam’ in the 1999–2000 Ranji Trophy. He scored a half-century on his debut Ranji match. On 23 December 2004, he made his International debut against Bangladesh.
He made his Test debut against Sri Lanka on 2 December 2005. In September 2007, he was selected as a captain of the Indian squad for the ‘World T20’ Tournament. On 2 September 2007, he equaled the record of Adam Gilchrist’s most dismissals in an innings in One Day International.
Dhoni was named as captain and wicketkeeper of the ‘World ODI XI’ by the ICC in 2009. After Kapil Dev, he became the second Indian captain to have won a World Cup.
He has a record of playing most international matches as a captain (332). He is the only wicketkeeper in the history of cricket to effect 150 stumping dismissals.
In 2018, he was honored with India’s third-highest civilian award ‘Padma Bhushan’. Dhoni became the first player to feature in 200 Indian Premier League Matches.
He is the only skipper to have captained more than 50 matches in all 3 formats. Under Dhoni’s captaincy, India has won the Twenty20 World Cup in 2007, No.1 Test ranking for 18 months (2009-2011), ODI World Cup in 2011, and Champions Trophy in 2013.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Wiki, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Movies, Family, Girlfriend, Wife, Income, Kids, Father, Biography, and More.
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Cricketer)||Bio in short.|
|Full Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Nick Name||Mahi, Dhoni|
|Date of Birth|
|7 July 1981
40 (as in 2021)
|Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
|Height||Feet: 5 feet 09 inches
Centimeters: 175 CM.
Meters: 1.75 M.
|Weight||Approx 75 kg
|Net worth||Approx, 100 - 120 Million|
|Zodiac sign / Star sign||Cancer|
|Achievement||1) 'MTV Youth Icon of the Year Award' (2006)
2) India's highest honor given for achievement in sports 'Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna' (2007)
3) 'ICC ODI Player' of the Year Award in 2008 and 2009
4) 'ICC World ODI XI Team' from the year 2008 to 2014
5) 'Castrol Indian Cricketer of the Year Award' (2011)
6) 'ICC World Test XI' in the year 2009, 2010, and 2013
7) India's fourth-highest civilian award 'Padma Shri' (2009)
8) 'Captain' and 'Wicketkeeper' of ICC Men's ODI team of the decade (2011 - 2020)
9) 'LG People's Choice Award' (2013)
10) 'ICC Spirit of the cricket award' of the decade (2011 - 2020).
11) 'Honorary Doctorate Degree by De Montfort University'.
12) 'CNN-News18 Indian of the Year' (2011)
13) 'Captain' and 'Wicketkeeper' of ICC Men's T20I team of the decade (2011 - 2020).
14) India's third-highest civilian award 'Padma Bhushan' (2018)
|Current relation status||Married (Sakshi Dhoni)|
|Family||Father name: Pan Singh
Mother name: Devki Devi
Sister name: Jayanti Gupta
Brother name: Narendra Singh Dhoni
Wife name: Sakshi Dhoni
|Affairs||Sakshi Dhoni (Wife)|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Playing Chess.|
According to Stardom1.com, Dhoni’s Net Worth is below, He Lives a Luxury LifeStyle, Mahendra’s Primary Net Worth income comes from Cricket and Secondary income comes from Brands, ads, and Others. Mahendra Singh Dhoni Net Worth is approx 100 – 120 Million.
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Cricketer)||Net Worth|
|Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||100 - 120 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||100 - 120 Million|
|In 2018 Net Worth||100 - 120 Million|
|Salary||1 cr. (approx)|
|Income Source||Mahendra Singh Dhoni Primary net worth income comes from Cricket and Secondary income comes from Brands, TV Ads, Shows, and Others.|
|Income Verified Status||Not Verified.|
- Open Mahindra Scorpio
- Maruti SX4
- Hummer H2
- Toyota Corolla
- Land Rover Freelander
- GMC Sierra
- Mitsubishi Pajero
- Mitsubishi Out Lander
- Audi Q7
- Ferrari 599,
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Bike Collection
- Kawasaki Ninja H2
- Confederate Hellcat
- Suzuki Hayabusa
- a Norton Vintage
- Hero Karizma ZMR
- Yamaha Rxz
- Yamaha Rx
- Ducati 1098
- Yamaha Rd 350
- Tvs Apache
- Yamaha Thundercat
- Kawasaki zx14r Ninja
- Confederate Hellcat X 132
- Harley Davidson Fat boy
- Enfield Machismo
- Customized Tvs Dirt bike
Family and Affairs/ Gf
Dhoni was born in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. His mother’s name is Devki Devi and his father’s name is Pan Singh, he has an elder brother Narendra Singh Dhoni, sister’s name is Jayanti Gupta.
On 4 July 2010, Mahendra Singh Dhoni married Sakshi Dhoni, they have a daughter Ziva.
- Mahi came into controversy when he won the inaugural edition of the ‘ICC T20 World Cup’.
Awards and Achievement
- He has won the ‘MTV Youth Icon of the Year Award’ (2006).
- In 2007, he was awarded India’s highest honor given for achievement in sports ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna’.
- He has won the ‘ICC ODI Player’ of the Year Award in 2008 and 2009.
- He was part of the ‘ICC World ODI XI Team’ from the year 2008 to 2014.
- In 2011, he has won the ‘Castrol Indian Cricketer of the Year Award’.
- He was part of ‘ICC World Test XI’ in the year 2009, 2010, and 2013.
- He was the ‘No 1 ICC ODI Batsman’ in 2009.
- In 2009, he was honored with India’s fourth-highest civilian award ‘Padma Shri’.
- He was the ‘captain’ and ‘wicketkeeper’ of ICC Men’s ODI team of the decade (2011 – 2020).
- In 2013, he has won the ‘LG People’s Choice Award’.
- Dhoni was honored with the ‘ICC Spirit of the cricket award’ of the decade (2011 – 2020).
- He was awarded an ‘Honorary Doctorate Degree by De Montfort University’.
- He was honored with the rank of honorary ‘lieutenant-colonel’ in the Indian Territorial Army for his contribution to cricket.
- In 2011, he was honored with ‘CNN-News18 Indian of the Year’.
- He was the ‘captain’ and ‘wicketkeeper’ of ICC Men’s T20I team of the decade (2011 – 2020).
- In 2018, he was honored with India’s third-highest civilian award ‘Padma Bhushan’.
- He was nominated for the ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade award in November 2020.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a Cricketer known as the ‘Best Captain In The History Of Cricket’.
- He was born in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India.
- He is 40 years old and 5ft 09.
- In his earlier life, he used to play ‘football’ as a goalkeeper.
- But later in his school days, he was included as a wicketkeeper in a cricket tournament.
- Mahi was inspired by the God of cricket ‘Sachin Tendulkar’.
- He was trained under ‘Keshav Banerjee’ and ‘Chanchal Bhattacharya’.
- At the age of 18, he made his Ranji debut against Assam.
- On his debut Ranji match, he scored his Maiden half-century.
- In 2000, he scored his maiden first-class century against Bengal.
- He played against the legend ‘Yuvraj Singh’ in many Ranji matches.
- Due to non-selection in the International cricket team.
- He worked as a ticket collector from 2001-2003 at Kharagpur railway station.
- He also played for the railway team in many big tournaments.
- ‘Talent Resource Development Wing’ was the most important initiative in Dhoni’s career.
- As Prakash Poddar saw him playing for ‘Jharkhand’ and was very impressed by his batting skills.
- Poddar sent a report to the National Cricket Academy regarding M.S.D.
- Dhoni made his international debut against Bangladesh on 23 December 2004.
- On his debut ODI match, he was out for a duck.
- He made his Test debut against Sri Lanka on 2 December 2005 in Chennai.
- He scored 30 runs on his debut Test match.
- In the second Test match against Sri Lanka, he scored his maiden half-century.
- On 1 December 2006, he made his T20 international debut against ‘South Africa’ at ‘Johannesburg’.
- In 2007, he was selected as a captain of the Indian squad for the ‘World T20’ Tournament.
- He made his T20 captaincy debut against Scotland.
- The Indian team has won the inaugural T20 World Cup on 24 September 2007.
- Dhoni started his Indian Premier League career with Chennai Super Kings.
- He was the most expensive player in the first edition of the Indian Premier League.
- Chennai Super Kings has won 2010, 2011, and 2018 Indian Premier League titles under his captaincy.
- On 30 September 2009, he took his first international wicket against ‘West Indies’.
- In 2011, ICC Cricket World Cup Indian Team was among the favorites.
- He scored 91 runs in the World Cup final match against Sri Lanka.
- Dhoni has finished the match with the historic six.
- He was awarded the man of the match award in the World Cup final match.
- On 2 April 2011, India has won the World Cup against Sri Lanka at Wankhede Stadium.
- In November 2013, he became the second India batsman after Sachin Tendulkar to score 1,000 runs against Australia.
- He became the first captain to win all group stages matches in the 2015 World Cup Tournament.
- Dhoni along with ‘Suresh Raina’ scored an unbeaten partnership of 195 runs against Zimbabwe.
- India was not able to defend the World Cup title as they lost to Australia in the Semi-Final match.
- On 26 December 2014, he played his last test match against Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- He launched a fashion brand named ‘Seven’.
- ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’ movie was based on Dhoni’s life.
- It was the BlockBuster film that inspired everyone.
- The movie taught us the important lesson that we should never give up on our dreams.
- Dhoni played for ‘Rising Pune Supergiant’ in the 2017 edition of the Indian Premier League.
- In January 2017, he stepped down as captain of India in the limited over format.
- He became the first wicket-keeper surpassing ‘Kumar Sangakkara’ to effect 100 stumpings.
- In 2018, he became the fourth Indian Batsman to score 10,000 ODI runs.
- He played his 350th ODI match against New Zealand in July 2019.
- He became the third skipper to have captained more than 300 international matches.
- On 9 July 2019, he played his last ODI match against New Zealand at Emirates Old Trafford.
- He played his last T20 match against South Africa on 27 February 2019.
- He was seen in a Colgate Advertisement with his wife ‘Sakshi’.
- Dhoni completed a two-week stint with the Territorial Army in Jammu and Kashmir in August 2019.
- He is a co-owner of a Ranchi-based hockey club named ‘Ranchi Rays’.
- He became the brand ambassador of ‘CARS24’ in 2019.
- On 15 August 2020, Dhoni announced his retirement from all forms of international cricket.
- He is a co-owner, along with Abhishek Bachchan and Vita Dani of the franchise ‘Chennaiyin FC’.
- Dhoni has more than 30 Million Followers on Instagram.
Test Cricket Record
- In 2009, under his captaincy, India topped the Test cricket rankings for the first time.
- He is the most successful Indian Test captain with 27 Test wins.
- First Indian wicket-keeper to complete 4,000 test runs.
- Dhoni’s 224 against Australia is the third-highest score by an Indian captain.
- He has scored the fastest century by an Indian wicket-keeper against Pakistan.
- Dhoni is the first wicket-keeper with the highest number of dismissals.
- He completed 50 sixes as a captain against England.
- First Indian captain to win a Test series in New Zealand.
- He is the third captain to win 100 games.
- He is the second wicket-keeper batsman to score 10,000 ODI runs.
- The first player to pass 10,000 with an average of 50.
- He has scored the most number runs while batting at the number 6 position (4031 Runs).
- Only player in the history of cricket to score Two centuries while batting at the number 7 position.
- Most not outs in ODIs (82).
- He is the fourth wicket-keeper in the history of cricket to take 300 ODI catches.
- First Indian to hit 200 sixes in ODIs.
- He scored 183 runs against Sri Lanka which is the highest score by a wicket-keeper batsman.
- He scored 113 runs against Pakistan which is the highest score by a captain batting at number 7.
- Dhoni and Bhuvneshwar Kumar partnership of 100 not out against Sri Lanka is India’s highest eighth-wicket partnership.
- Most unbeaten innings in successful ODI run-chases.
- As a captain, he has played the most number of matches in ODI history.
- He has the record of the most dismissals in an innings (6) by an Indian wicket-keeper.
- He has the most stumpings (120) by any wicket-keeper in an ODI career.
- First Indian wicket-keeper to take 300 ODI catches.
- Most wins in T20Is as captain (41).
- He has played the most number of matches as a captain (72).
- Most dismissals as wicket-keeper in T20Is (87).
- He has played Most consecutive T20I innings without a duck (84).
- Most matches in T20I history as both captain and wicket-keeper (72)
- He has a record of Most catches as a wicket-keeper in T20Is (54)
- He has a record of Most stumpings as a wicket-keeper in T20Is (33)
- Most catches as wicketkeeper in T20I innings (5)
- Indian Terrain
- Indigo Paints
- Bharat Matrimony
- Mastercard India
- Snickers India
- Sound Logic
- SRMB Steel
- Zed Black Agarbattis
- Gulf Oil India
- Exide Life Insurance
- Amity University
- Spartan Sports
- Videocon D2h
- India Cements
Favorites Actor, Actress, Food, Colour, Destination
- Sri Lanka
Dhoni is a socially active person, loves to share his pictures and stories on Instagram.
Followers: 30.2 M
FAQs of Dhoni
Mohammad Mithun Ali (Cricketer) Wiki, Net Worth, Age, Family, Wife, Biography, and More
Mashrafe Mortaza (Cricketer) Wiki, Net Worth, Age, Family, Wife, Biography, and More
Mehidy Hasan (Cricketer) Wiki, Net Worth, Age, Family, Wife, Biography, and More
7 thoughts on “Mahendra Singh Dhoni Net Worth, Age, Family, Biography & More”